Monday, January 9, 2012

Voice-message from the kids!

Yesterday I started my day with waking up stressed out and it just felt like this day was going to be another cold Sunday morning. My winter vacation had come to its last day and just the thought of getting back to uni didn't make the day get any better. This was actually the first winter vacation in three years that I didn't spend in Sudan. It felt very weird staying in Sweden over the holidays, I was getting so used to spending the winter breaks in the warmth of Khartoum, Sudan. Before the holiday started I was very sad about not going to Sudan, but at the same time it was very nice being at home in Stockholm, celebrating new years with friends and just taking it easy.

Anyways, my Sunday didn't get any better as I had a seminar to complete for the next day (today) and I wasn't even half way through it...

Suddenly, my Sunday and last day of the vacation became my favorite day of the vacation!
I was with my friend studying for the seminar as i got a message on WhatsApp from Mae. It was an audio recording from the orphanage with a "Hello, we miss you"-message to me from the boys! Mae didn't even know about my "bad" day, she just sent it! I had sent Mae an audio recording where I said a few words to the boys, but they couldn't here it due to some technical reasons, but instead Mae got them to say "Hi" back to me!

Press play to hear the message they sent! :)


This did not only make my eyes water for a few minutes but it also reminded me how much these boys mean to me and all of us.

Thank you so much Mae, you saved my day! <3

/ Ehood Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment