Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The last supplies

Today my uncle's wife and I headed out at noon to get the final things on the list of needs.
Many of the needs for this visit have been food items and this is due to food prices going up more than affordable for most people in the country. Some of the things that are getting really expensive are sugar, milk, rice - which are all things I was asked to buy.

For today's visit I got to take some pictures but these were very few and I was disappointed that I could not take more pictures or film. There have been problems before with pictures taken and getting into wrong hands or being downloaded online for other reasons than the kids best, so we really do understand that they are limiting photographs in the orphanage. I will try to get some more pictures next time I go so that we can use them in our coming events.

Today 20 pairs of shoes where bought (the white plastic bags),
some more food and bananas that the boys love so much.

Two days ago I bought a mini laptop for Bakri, the laptop was used but in really good shape and was bought for a very reasonable price. We hope that this will help him with his studies next year and that he will once again get the best grades in his class!

For my next visit: Bakri will get his laptop and the mothers will get their "salaries" which are very needed in these days of expensive food and Ramadan feasts!

Be well, sending you guys in Sweden, and other places, some more heat because it is really getting unbearable here! Take CARE / Ehood

No comments:

Post a Comment