Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm Maha

Hey everyone!
I want to start off this post by thanking for all of the positive feedback throughout this time that we have been woking with this project. Trust us when we say that it drives us even more in trying to light up just the daily life of thes beautiful boys at the orphanage. I'm going to spend some time introducing myself as the rest of the crew, for those of you who don’t know who I am. I hope these introductions have and will help in making it more personal, and encouraging you in knowing that anyone really could do this. A little reach out or a little time off your busy schedules really does more than you think!

My name is Maha  Suliman
I’m 22 years old turning 23 this year, and currently live and study in Malmö (southern Sweden). I study public health and recently finished my bachelors degree and am moving on to do my masters in the same field. As most of you I’m up to my head right now with exams and assignments, and I think I speak for the whole gang when I say that as much as it can be a struggle trying to juggle work what with the project and school, it’s nothing more of a joy putting time down to work with the ambitious people I’ve been blessed to work with on this project.
What got me to join the project was a meeting that I attended along with some of the other girls during the early summer of 2008. The meeting was held by the Swedish-Sudanese Association and among other things they were discussing the need of more young adults and adolescents to engage themselves within the association. We then decided to create the committee and after a few discussions on what we would focus on, we thought it would be cool to start some type of project that could in some way be linked to both Sweden and Sudan and eventually came to engage ourselves in the issue of orphans in Sudan. Thinking that it’s been almost 4 years since our first meeting and first event, I think it’s amazing how much can be done by just raising a single issue and watch it grow to something bigger bit by bit. I feel so blessed being part of this project along with my fellow board members, who at the same time are people I truly know, love and respect.


I want you all not to be shy if you want to comment anything, contact anyone of us or have an idea of your own that maybe you want to discuss. In that case you can e-mail me anytime at sulimanmaha@hotmail.com. I hope you’ll continue following us and our work with the orphanage and the boys, and thank you for your time : ) take care and hope to talk to you or meet you in the near future!
Maha





1 comment:

  1. I do remember our very first i care meeting here in sudan..
    Glad to be a part of the project

    ReplyDelete