Monday, March 19, 2012

My Name Is Fatima S.

Hey everyone trying to make a difference!
To establish a more personal contact with the members of I Care as well as any other people reading this, we decided it would be more than appropriate for us to introduce ourselves, so here's my introduction.

My name is Fatima Suliman (do not get me mixed up with fellow board member, Fatima Osman), sometimes referred to as Tina. I am 17 years old, making me the youngest member of the board. I'm currently in my second year of Gymnasiet (Swedish highschool) where I study the Natural Science programme.

I haven’t always been a board member of I Care as I was too young when this project was initiated. Although, throughout the years I have done my best to contribute and help when it has been needed. I officially became a member of the board when we visited Sudan in the winter of 2010. Since then I have visited the orphanage several times during the two trips we have made to Sudan ever since.

Being known as very sensitive when it comes to the misfortune of others we were all nervous before my first visit to the orphanage, not knowing exactly how I would react. Knowing this, I was pleasantly surprised when we got there, as I realized that I was able to handle it a lot better than I had expected. I instantly fell in love with the boys and seeing that they appreciated all that they had and that little things such as a piece of candy put  wide smiles on their faces made everything so much easier and worthwhile.

I am truly and fully committed to doing my best to improve the quality of these boys’ lives, no matter what it takes. And with help from you guys I fully believe that we will be able to maintain achieving this.
Always bare in mind the people that are less fortunate than yourselves, and know that you can make a difference.

If you have any relevant questions, regardless of what they may be, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be via a comment or our e-mail addresses.

You can contact me at : Lillafinatina@hotmail.com

                                                             



                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment