Saturday, April 7, 2012

I'm Ehood!

Dear person reading this,

Here comes the last (best) presentation!

My name is Ehood Ali and I am the "president" of this amazing project! 
For those who don't know what I Care is, then i can tell you shortly that it's a project under the Swedish-Sudanese Association (SSA) in which a group of girls are helping an orphanage in Sudan for mentally and/or physically disabled boys.

I am a 21-year old pharmacy student that lives and Studies in Uppsala. My family lives in Stockholm (sometimes in other parts of Sweden and also the world!) so i travel back and fourth between the biggest city in Sweden and the fourth biggest one very often. I'm raised in Stockholm and I've been to an English school since third grade and continued to do high school in English. Those who know me know that I love talking, laughing and making sure that every single second is spent wisely.

I love travelling more than anything in the world and I am so lucky to have been able to combine my passion for travelling and my pharmacy studies! I have been part of the board for Swedish National Association of Pharmaceutical Students (SNAPS) in 2011 and this has taught me how an organisation should and could work. All that I have learnt I have started applying to I Care and I will keep doing so to improve the project!

Through the years, we have been lucky enough to have someone from our board travel to Sudan at least once every six moths and check in on the orphanage. I am proud to say that I am the person that has been to the orphanage the most times (mohahaha) but I haven't been to Sudan in 1,5 years now! I am going to Sudan in July so I can't wait to be re-united with my second family again. 

I can't explain in words what it feels like when we walk in to the orphanage and ten little boys come running towards you and give you the warmest hug you have ever felt. The boys get so excited and every single day we have to go home from the orphanage it truly feels like leaving a peace of our hearts, and I know i speak for the rest of the girls when I say this! When you go into the little room further inside, where the more sick boys are, and you see their faces light up when they see us - this is a feeling that is more than priceless. These little boys can't walk, they  can't speak and some of them can't even sit up by themselves, but they have the most beautiful smiles in the world. 

Knowing that you might be just a tiny reason for that smile coming out is something that keeps me going many times.

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone that has attended our events, donated to the orphanage and supported us! I want to give a special thanks to a few very special friends in Sudan (you know who you are) that have helped us more than we could thank for. This project wouldn't have been anything without you guys!

Much love and CARE,



1 comment: