Monday, April 2, 2012

My Name is Fatima

Dear Reader,

My name is Fatima Osman and I am the second youngest board members in this project that we named I CARE. I turned 19 around a month ago, starting with my bachelors in Development Studies at Lund University the same year i graduated high school. I was intimidated starting a program where I was the youngest and least experienced student, but I now realize how lucky I am to have to have taken part of shaping this project. This project did not only reflect my personal interests, I learned, but also my academic interests.

Development Studies is an education that I believe teaches us about the structures we live in, and the importance of global case studies when analyzing conditions in developing countries. Coming in contact with the children in the orphanage was a subconscious drive for me to choose this education. My evolvement was rather spontaneous, later than the rest of the board members,  and a result of visiting the orphanage when in Sudan. Joining this journey has taught me more about myself than i had expected  and most importantly it taught me how I wish to interact with the world that we live in. With this said, the project has been more of a learning experience for me than an accomplishment. I wish to learn more from the kids that we have grown close to the past years, and I wish to share this experience with you.

Best Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment